Below is a partial list of confirmed speakers to give you a taste of what’s in store:
Bjarke Ingels, architect
Bertrand Piccard, adventurer/aviator/solar-energy pioneer
Stefan Sagmeister, designer
Jonathan Zittrain, Internet specialist
Rory Sutherland, advertising guru
Cary Fowler, biodiversity archivist
James Geary, aphorism expert
David Deutsch, multiverse theorist
Daniel Pink, Business author, A Whole New Mind
Paul Romer, Stanford economist
Marcus du Sautoy, mathematician and Oxford Professor for the Public Understanding of Science
Taryn Simon, photographer
Nick Veasey, X-ray photographer
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, author, Half of a Yellow Sun
Ross Lovegrove, designer
Loretta Napoleoni, author, Terror Inc.
Rob Hopkins, founder, Transition movement
Emmanuel Jal, former child soldier turned rap star
Janine Benyus, biomimicry specialist
Beau Lotto, experimental neuroscientist
Carolyn Steel, architect, author, Hungry City
Parag Khanna, author, The Second World
Misha Glenny, author, McMafia
Henry Markram, director, Blue Brain Project
Rebecca Saxe, social neuroscientist
Stefana Broadbent, technology anthropologist
Andrea Ghez, astronomer, black holes specialist
Eric Sanderson, director, the Mannahatta Project
Willard Wigan, microsculptor
Garik Israelian, astronomer
Lewis Gordon Pugh, Arctic swimmer and environmental campaigner
Sophie Hunger, Swiss singer and songwriter
Imogen Heap, English singer and songwriter
These are some of the questions that we plan to tackle as we delve into the world of the unseen:
- What is an accomplished life?
- Which universe do we live in?
- Is life a mathematical equation?
- Where does motivation come from?
- Who’s defining the new geopolitical map?
- How can we observe what we can’t see?
- Can we design the air we breathe?
- What’s the economic impact of terrorism?
- Should we fear faith?
- What makes big cities function?
- What do top-secret places look like?
- What’s the true nature of modern crime?
- Can a solar-powered plane fly?
- What’s the power of music?
- Can we put biodiversity in a bank?
- How does the brain create the mind?